Disability access information for transport to, from and around Cambridge and the surrounding area. See also separate information on Ely.
This page contains information regarding the City Council’s Shopmobility service.
- Contact: Jean White
- Park Street station tel: 01223 457 452
- Grafton Centre station tel: 01223 461 858
- Textphone: 01223 457 050
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Council website
- ‘Shopmobility’ is a free service offered by the Council, providing electrically powered scooters, electric and manual wheelchairs and rollators (walking aids with seats) to help people with restricted mobility. These can only be used within the city centre.
- An escort service for wheelchair users and the visually impaired can also be provided. Escorts are available on weekdays between 10am and 4pm, for up to two hours.
- You can also borrow portable hearing loops from the offices.
- All you need to provide for either service is positive identification of your name and address, and all you need to sign is a single form for insurance purposes.
- Both services have to be booked in advance.
- Shopmobility vehicles can be picked up from one of three centres.
- The Park Street station is on the ground floor of the Park Street Car Park, and is best for the old City centre.
- The Grafton Centre station in on the 4th floor of the East Car Park, entered via East Road. This station gives easy access to the Grafton Centre, Fitzroy and Burleigh Street.
- There is a satellite station at the Drummer Street bus station, or alternatively, escorts from Park Street station can meet you at a designated bus stop.
- Both centres are open Monday to Saturday 10am-4pm.
- The Grafton Centre station is now also open Sundays 11am-5pm.
- Free of charge.