Disability access information for transport to, from and around Cambridge and the surrounding area. See also separate information on Ely.
This page contains information regarding Park and Ride facilities in Cambridge
- Tel: 01223 845 561
- Fax: 01223 845 791
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/transport/around/park_ride/
- Park & Ride facilities are a good way to avoid driving in the city centre.
- Car parks provide free all day parking and regular buses to the city centre.
- Buses drop off and pick up at Emmanuel Street and the Grafton Centre every ten minutes or so throughout the day.
- Almost all buses used on the park and ride routes are low floor easy access buses. They do not have to be booked in advance. However, please note that there is only one wheelchair space per bus, and that the company do not guarantee that an accessible bus will be used. If you are going to be using the Park & Ride service regularly and need a wheelchair accessible bus, it might be a good idea to let them know when you will be travelling.
There are Park & Ride facilities at:
- Madingley Road, including the West Cambridge site: Monday to Saturday, and 9am-6pm Sunday
- Newmarket Road: Monday to Saturday, and 9am-6pm Sunday
- Trumpington: Monday to Saturday, and 9am-6pm Sunday
- Cowley Road: Monday to Saturday
- Babraham Road: Monday to Saturday
All are clearly signposted as you drive into Cambridge. Most services run between around 7am and 6pm, but do check in advance if you are worried.
- A day return to the city centre is £1.80.
- A dayrider ticket offering unlimited bus travel is £2.70.
- Three children under 16 travel free with every paying adult.
- Since October 2006, if you hold a Cambridgeshire concessionary bus pass you can travel for free on all Park & Ride services after 9.30 Monday to Friday and all day at the weekend.